Looking for an easy recipe? I'm not sure it gets easier than this apart from this recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies since they also need three ingredients. If you want to make your own puff pastry, you have my full love and support, but when it comes to the vegan one, what you can find in a store is just as good. This recipe makes 6 big pieces or 12 medium ones.
If you're using frozen puff pastry make sure it's completely thawed before you start, and if it's fresh, leave it out on your table/countertop for a few minutes so it can reach room temperature.
You will need:
1 Ready-rolled Vegan Puff Pastry sheet
6 tablespoons of Jam of your choice
1 teaspoon Icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas6
2. Unfold the puff pastry sheet onto a surface dusted with flour
3. If you want 6 big Turnoveers cut the pastry into 6, if you like them smaller, cut the sheet in half, then cut each half into 6 pieces.
4. Put a tablespoon of jam in the middle of each rectangle if you're making 6 or half a tablespoon if you're making 12.
5. Put one corner on top of the opposite one so you're making a triangle.
6. Press gently on the edges, making sure to seal them.
7. Press the edges again with a fork (optional, make a few cuts on top).
8. Place on the prepared baking tray, making sure to leave 3-4 cm in between the pieces.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
10. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes then dust with the icing sugar.
It feels a bit weird calling this a recipe since it's just so easy to make and doesn't require much preparation and the list of ingredients is just ridiculously short.
I like a bit of icing sugar on top because it looks better. If you don't care too much about how they look or are not a fan of icing sugar on top of pastries, feel free to skip that part since the jam is sweet enough.
Once cooled, serve them with clotted cream or just as they are.
If you like this recipe, please click on the little heart below.
I hope life treats you well.